Saturday, December 28, 2013

Thanks Cale - Chain Blogging into 2014

            Sometimes you just gotta go with the flow. Especially when it's harmless and a little enjoyable (especially reading about other people's quirky facts and interesting responses to even quirkier questions). Confused? Let me backtrack. My friend and colleague, Cale Birk, received a challenge that is making the rounds via Twitter. Not one to simply enjoy this himself, he had to "play it forward to another dozen educators. Well my friend, challenge accepted. I need to identify 11 "facts" about myself, respond to Cale's 11 questions, then pose 11 new questions to 11 others. For those about to receive this, blame Cale (or Patrick or Bill or…).

My 11 Random Facts
  1. I am the sixth of eight siblings.
  2. I was born in Montreal, Quebec and am a diehard Montreal Canadiens fan as a result.
  3. I am a marathoner and have completed 45 of the 26.2 mile (42.2 kilometre) races.
  4. I like wearing socks with attitude.
  5. I am thrilled to be Grandpa to Isabella, Leah, Liam, and Kaiden.
  6. I watch "It's a Wonderful Life" every year and still well up.
  7. I won the teen version of a popular TV game show in British Columbia.
  8. I once ran in a parking lot with Ozzy Osbourne.
  9. I played in the NBA (Nelson Basketball Association).
  10. I once had a cigarette kicked out of my mouth by the World Tae Kwon Do champion.
  11. I led members of the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra through a song.
Cale's Questions
  1. Ketchup, salsa, or hot sauce? Salsa.
  2. What is one thing that you are a part of (or believe in) that is 'bigger than you'? Public education.
  3. What do you do that is great?  Not 'good', GREAT. I nap better than most folks. I have two speeds - flat out or flat out.
  4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why? Where I am now. The west coast of Canada satisfies all of my needs and I love coming home after travelling.
  5. If you were a breakfast cereal, which one would it be?  How come? Holy Crap (a local crafted breakfast cereal), because that's what I want people to say after we spend time together.
  6. What is the one thing (outside of your family) that you absolutely make time for--no matter what?  Running, never leave home without my shoes.
  7. If ________ could be eliminated from your life, you would be stress-free. Delayed flights. 
  8. What is a talent that you have that would surprise those that think they know you well? Deconstructing (okay, demolishing) houses.
  9. If you were to give yourself a cool pen name or pseudonym, what would it be? Frank Talk
  10. Your favorite movie is? It's A Wonderful Life
  11. "If schools closed tomorrow, I would go and be a ____________?" Sports announcer.
My questions
  1. What was your favourite TV show as a child?
  2. What cartoon character do you most identify with?
  3. What ability would you like to have that you don't currently possess?
  4. What did you pick as your last meal?
  5. What was the best present you ever received?
  6. If you could spend one hour talking with one person (living or dead) who would it be?
  7. What would you buy if money was not a concern?
  8. What's the best sport to watch live?
  9. What animal would you be and why?
  10. What age would you remain at and why?
  11. What is the best book you ever read?
The 11 victims of my chain blog
  1. Greg Wolcott
  2. Don Mrozik
  3. Tarah Tesmer
  4. Ken Williams
  5. Rosa Isiah
  6. Jill Gough
  7. Kelly Morton
  8. Harold Freiter
  9. Rene Gaudreau
  10. Carmela Ianni
  11. Gerry Varty
I hope you'll enjoy the homework assignment as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment